We often think about healthy foods as being beneficial for our health, but the truth is that some foods can also be useful for our smiles. Healthy foods and drinks can in some cases, improve your oral health. Create an improved oral health identity with healthy food choices. If your oral health care requires a better diet, remember the following:
– Saliva is one of the most beneficial factors in keeping your mouth healthy. Always look to keep a heavy saliva flow in your mouth with alternative cleaning tools such as sugarless gum.
– Snacking between meals can increase the likelihood for tooth decay to occur.
– Foods deficient in sugar and carbohydrates tend to be healthier for your teeth, as sugars can be converted into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
– Goods high in phosphorus and calcium have been proven to strengthen tooth enamel. Characteristically, this includes a variety of meats and cheeses, nuts, and many types of milk.
– Search for foods with a high water content, especially crunchy ones. These benefits can wash away bacteria and food residue more easily and help keep your teeth clean.
For more dietary advice and help from our team at Bee Family Dentistry, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Catherine Boenitz, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in San Antonio, Texas. We can be reached at 210-690-9430. The time is now to make the change you wish to see in your oral health.