One of the first things you think of when it comes to dental care is your toothbrush and toothpaste. With such a variety of sizes, styles, and shapes, it’s hard to know which one to pick! Bee Family Dentistry wants to help you get the right toothbrush so you can have the right dental care every single day. Here are some tips when looking for the right dental brush for everyday use:
– It’s recommended to use a soft-bristled brush, best to remove plaque and debris. The bristles can come in a rippled, flat, trimmed, or dome shape.
– Small-headed brushes can more easily reach all areas of the mouth, especially for hard to reach spots. The head can also be tapered or rectangular.
– For the handle, look for a non-slip grip and flexible neck to have a good grip and better access to different angles.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3 months, or when it begins to show wear, especially in the bristles (these can damage gum tissues). If you’ve been sick (flu, cold, mouth infection, sore throat, etc.), replace your toothbrush to get rid of germs that could potentially lead to infections.
– Make sure to place it in a spot where it can dry between uses.
– Protect your toothbrush with a case to prevent flattening and avoid germs.
A powered toothbrush is another great alternative to get the best clean. To make sure you’re smile is getting the best care, come in for a biannual checkup with our dental office in San Antonio, Texas. Call Bee Family Dentistry at 210-690-9430 for a consultation and make an appointment to meet your dentist today!